- You will be guided by instructional video’s.
- Download PDFs with detailed step-by-step instructions.
- Start anytime and work at your own pace.
- Get assignments to help you build your portfolio.
- Ask your subject teacher any questions you may have for 12 months (starting immediately)
- Unlimited access to the videos. Includes all future updates.
Who is it for?
The course is suitable for people who are looking for opportunities to develop their own clothing line and for people who want to gain in-depth knowledge of drawing fashion flats.
What’s the aim of the course?
- To develop technically correct and complete fashion flats suitable for sending to a supplier. (A supplier drafts patterns from a fashion flat).
- You will learn how to use Adobe Illustrator.
- At the end of the course you will have a set of drawings ready for the industry.
What will the course cover?
- Creating fashion flats (technical drawings for fashion / style sheets)
- Drawing details such as pockets, collars, etc.
- Drawing various pleats and flounces
- Drawing haberdashery items
- Adding seams (working with brushes)
- Working with libraries in Adobe Illustrator
- Creating artwork
- Colouring the garment using different methods and creating colourways
- Adding shadows
- Creating seam symbols
- Learn about target audiences
- Building a collection
- How to send your file to the supplier
- Creating a style sheet
- Drawing to scale
- Learn to master the features of Adobe Illustrator. The tutorial starts with the basics.
- Additional training material: Using Adobe Illustrator on the iPad
You will receive a certificate of completion at the end of 12 months (subject to completion of assignments).
What about previous training and Adobe?
No previous training or knowledge of Adobe Illustrator is required. You will need to have Adobe Illustrator installed on your computer. Download the free 7-day trial here.
What is the estimated study time?
It is recommended that you spend at least 1 hour per week on the course (this includes completing assignments and reviewing completed topics).
You will receive feedback after submission. After 12 months, you will receive a certificate of completion (assuming you have completed the assignments).
What about your tutor?
You will be personally supported by Jolieke Ubachs. Meet Jolieke here.
Once you have registered, Jolieke will contact you to find out what your goals are for this course, so that she can tailor the support to your needs.
Although the course contains a fixed base of study material, the course will be completely tailored to your perspective through the personal guidance. Jolieke will contact you regularly to see if you need any help.